Monsignor Ignacio Barreiro is the director of Human Life International’s office in Rome. He was ordained a priest for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York on Nov. 14, 1987. From the beginning of his priestly ministry, Monsignor Barreiro was involved in the Pro-Life and Traditional Latin Mass apostolates. He received his licentiate and doctorate degree in Systematic Theology from the University of the Holy Cross, in Rome, Italy. For a period of time in the 1990s, Msgr. Barreiro served in the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.
Since September 1998, Msgr. Barreiro has been the Executive Director of the Rome office of Human Life International. In Rome, he started an apostolate with priests and seminarians from all over the world who are studying in the Eternal City. Msgr. Barreiro has published hundreds of articles on theological and life issues, and historical subjects in popular and scholarly publications. He was appointed a Chaplain of His Holiness on March 26, 2004.
- Burying the Dead as an Affirmation of Life
- Review: Christ’s New Homeland – Africa: Contribution to the Synod on the Family by African Pastors
- Review: Eleven Cardinals Speak on Marriage and the Family
- HB 3074 Should Not Be Supported
- How to Create and Sustain a Culture of Life